[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Nick Dimiduk-2
I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.11
(HBase-1.1.11RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.11RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1170/

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=d318fbeef0990e53efb313c1a459cce73ed4edb8

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.10 has been
published for your review, at
https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.10_1.1.11RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.11 is the eleventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes
since the 1.1.10 release. Notable correctness fixes include
HBASE-17937, HBASE-18036, HBASE-18081, HBASE-18093, HBASE-16011, and
HBASE-18066.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12340375
and and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Let's leave this vote up an extra couple days since HBaseCon is this week.
Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Sunday, 2017-06-18 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
1.1.11.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Nick Dimiduk-2
+1

- verified tarballs vs public key on people.apache.org.
- extracted bin tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - with jdk1.8.0_65:
    - run LoadTestTool against standalone bin tgz with FAST_DIFF block
encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
    - poked around webUI. looks good.
  - load the site, browsed book.
- extracted src tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - run LoadTestTool against standalone built from src tgz with FAST_DIFF
block encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
  - poked around webUI. looks good.
- ran the hbase-downstreamer project vs. the staged maven repository. tests
pass.

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Nick Dimiduk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.11
> (HBase-1.1.11RC0) is available for download at https://dist.apache.org/
> repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.11RC0/
>
> Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1170/
>
> Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
> available in the Apache keys directory https://people.apache.org/
> keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
> http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.
>
> There's also a signed tag for this release at
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=
> d318fbeef0990e53efb313c1a459cce73ed4edb8
>
> The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.10 has been
> published for your review, at https://home.apache.org/~
> ndimiduk/1.1.10_1.1.11RC0_compat_report.html
>
> HBase 1.1.11 is the eleventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
> continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
> Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes
> since the 1.1.10 release. Notable correctness fixes include
> HBASE-17937, HBASE-18036, HBASE-18081, HBASE-18093, HBASE-16011, and
> HBASE-18066.
>
> The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
> projectId=12310753&version=12340375 and and in the CHANGES.txt file
> included in the distribution.
>
> Let's leave this vote up an extra couple days since HBaseCon is this week.
> Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
> Sunday, 2017-06-18 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
> 1.1.11.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Andrew Purtell
+1

Checked sums and signatures: ok
Built from source: ok (7u80)
RAT check passes: ok (7u80)
Unit test suite passes: ok (7u80)
Loaded 1M rows with ltt: ok (8u131)

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely. - Raymond
Teller (via Peter Watts)

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Josh Elser-2
+1 (binding)

* No unexpected binaries in source release
* L&N look good
* Could build from source
* Could run bin-tarball as-is
* Checked compat report (thanks for publishing)
* xsum/sigs OK
* Ran a PE randomwritetest

On 6/10/17 7:40 PM, Nick Dimiduk wrote:

> I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.11
> (HBase-1.1.11RC0) is available for download at
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.11RC0/
>
> Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1170/
>
> Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
> available in the Apache keys directory
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
> http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.
>
> There's also a signed tag for this release at
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=d318fbeef0990e53efb313c1a459cce73ed4edb8
>
> The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.10 has been
> published for your review, at
> https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.10_1.1.11RC0_compat_report.html
>
> HBase 1.1.11 is the eleventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
> continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
> Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes
> since the 1.1.10 release. Notable correctness fixes include
> HBASE-17937, HBASE-18036, HBASE-18081, HBASE-18093, HBASE-16011, and
> HBASE-18066.
>
> The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12340375
> and and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.
>
> Let's leave this vote up an extra couple days since HBaseCon is this week.
> Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
> Sunday, 2017-06-18 as to whether we should release these artifacts as HBase
> 1.1.11.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Yu Li
+1

Checked sums and signatures: ok
Built from source: ok (7u79)
RAT check: ok (7u79)
Compatibility check: ok (7u79), ran check_compatibility.sh locally, 100%
compatible with 1.1.10 (both binary and source)
Unit tests pass: ok (8u101)
- Passed with -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=2
Shell commands: ok (8u101), ran DDL/flush/compact/split commands,
everything looks good
Loaded 1M rows with LTT: ok (8u101), all keys verified, latency and logs
looks good

Best Regards,
Yu

On 16 June 2017 at 01:35, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> * No unexpected binaries in source release
> * L&N look good
> * Could build from source
> * Could run bin-tarball as-is
> * Checked compat report (thanks for publishing)
> * xsum/sigs OK
> * Ran a PE randomwritetest
>

> On 6/10/17 7:40 PM, Nick Dimiduk wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.11
>> (HBase-1.1.11RC0) is available for download at
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.11RC0/
>>
>> Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1170/
>>
>> Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
>> available in the Apache keys directory
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS
>> file
>> http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.
>>
>> There's also a signed tag for this release at
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=
>> d318fbeef0990e53efb313c1a459cce73ed4edb8
>>
>> The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.10 has been
>> published for your review, at
>> https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.10_1.1.11RC0_compat_report.html
>>
>> HBase 1.1.11 is the eleventh patch release in the HBase 1.1 line,
>> continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the
>> Hadoop and NoSQL communities. This release includes nearly 20 bug fixes
>> since the 1.1.10 release. Notable correctness fixes include
>> HBASE-17937, HBASE-18036, HBASE-18081, HBASE-18093, HBASE-16011, and
>> HBASE-18066.
>>
>> The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>> ctId=12310753&version=12340375
>> and and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.
>>
>> Let's leave this vote up an extra couple days since HBaseCon is this week.
>> Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
>> Sunday, 2017-06-18 as to whether we should release these artifacts as
>> HBase
>> 1.1.11.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nick

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.11 (RC0) is available

Anoop John
+1

Signature ok
Built from src and looks good
UT pass
Started a single node cluster and run some commands from shell. Looks ok

Loaded  1GB data and some random reads . Looks ok

-Anoop-