Quantcast

Row Filters using BitComparator

abhinavpundir
I have rows in my Hbase whose keys are made up of 5 components. I would like to search my hbase using rowFilters by using only some(May be only the first 2 components ) of the components. I don't want to use RegexStringComparator.

I would like to use BitComparator because it is fast.

how would I do that?

Re: Row Filters using BitComparator

anil gupta
Inline.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I have rows in my Hbase whose keys are made up of 5 components. I would
> like
> to search my hbase using rowFilters by using only some(May be only the
> first
> 2 components ) of the components. I don't want to use
> RegexStringComparator.
>
> If you are using the first two components(i.e. prefix of the rowkey) then
you can use PrefixFilter(
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html).
Also, dont forget to set startRow and StopRow.

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Row Filters using BitComparator

abhinavpundir
Thnx a lot anil

By any chance do you know how to use bitcomparators in hbase ?

On Monday, September 16, 2013, anil gupta [via Apache HBase] wrote:
Inline.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I have rows in my Hbase whose keys are made up of 5 components. I would
> like
> to search my hbase using rowFilters by using only some(May be only the
> first
> 2 components ) of the components. I don't want to use
> RegexStringComparator.
>
> If you are using the first two components(i.e. prefix of the rowkey) then
you can use PrefixFilter(
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html).
Also, dont forget to set startRow and StopRow.

> I would like to use BitComparator because it is fast.
>
> how would I do that?

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/Row-Filters-using-BitComparator-tp4050739p4050761.html
NAML

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thnx a lot anil
>
> By any chance do you know how to use bitcomparators in hbase ?

I havent used it till now. Have a look at this JUnit of BitComparator for
learning how to use it:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/tags/0.94.9/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/TestBitComparator.java?revision=1500225&view=markup

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Row Filters using BitComparator

abhinavpundir
Thanks Amit but that link doesnt really help.
I havent got a single link which showsbitcomparators  together with row filters .

On Monday, September 23, 2013, anil gupta [via Apache HBase] wrote:
Inline

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thnx a lot anil
>
> By any chance do you know how to use bitcomparators in hbase ?

I havent used it till now. Have a look at this JUnit of BitComparator for
learning how to use it:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/tags/0.94.9/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/TestBitComparator.java?revision=1500225&view=markup

> On Monday, September 16, 2013, anil gupta [via Apache HBase] wrote:
>
> > Inline.
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 12:04 AM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4050761&i=0>>wrote:
> >

> > > I have rows in my Hbase whose keys are made up of 5 components. I would
> > > like
> > > to search my hbase using rowFilters by using only some(May be only the
> > > first
> > > 2 components ) of the components. I don't want to use
> > > RegexStringComparator.
> > >
> > > If you are using the first two components(i.e. prefix of the rowkey)
> > then
> > you can use PrefixFilter(
> >

> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html
> ).

> > Also, dont forget to set startRow and StopRow.
> >
> > > I would like to use BitComparator because it is fast.
> > >
> > > how would I do that?
> > >

> > > --

> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Anil Gupta

> > .
> > NAML<

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/Row-Filters-using-BitComparator-tp4050739p4051068.html
NAML

Re: Row Filters using BitComparator

takeshi
Hi,

Here is the RowFilter sample
https://github.com/larsgeorge/hbase-book/blob/master/ch04/src/main/java/filters/RowFilterExample.java
provided by Lars George's book; I think you can combine the
TesdtBitComparator.java and this link to figure out what you need.

Best regards

takeshi

2013/10/1 abhinavpundir <[hidden email]>

> Thanks Amit but that link doesnt really help.
> I havent got a single link which showsbitcomparators  together with row
> filters .
>
> On Monday, September 23, 2013, anil gupta [via Apache HBase] wrote:
>
> > Inline
> >

> > On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM, abhinavpundir <[hidden email]<
> http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4051068&i=0>>wrote:
> >

> > > Thnx a lot anil
> > >
> > > By any chance do you know how to use bitcomparators in hbase ?
> > >
> > I havent used it till now. Have a look at this JUnit of BitComparator for
> > learning how to use it:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/tags/0.94.9/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/TestBitComparator.java?revision=1500225&view=markup

> > would
> > the

> rowkey)
> > > >

> http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/PrefixFilter.html
> > > ).

> > discussion
> > > >

> http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/Row-Filters-using-BitComparator-tp4050739p4050761.html

> http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
> > > >

> > > --
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Anil Gupta

> > .
> > NAML<

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

Re: Row Filters using BitComparator

abhinavpundir
Hello takishi

Thnks fr the link. I have already looked that link. It doesnt shows how to use bit comparators works with row filters . Moroever i have tried using rowfilters with bitcomparators .
 In that case you have specify exactly the full fields of rows which i dnt want to do. It works with XOR and NOT_EQUAL

I want to compare lets say some 10 bits domewhere in between .
How would i achieve that with row filters

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/Row-Filters-using-BitComparator-tp4050739p4051391.html
To unsubscribe from Row Filters using BitComparator, click here.
NAML

Re: Row Filters using BitComparator

takeshi
hi,

I think may be the 'BinaryPrefixComparator' is good for your case.
{code:java}
table = ...;
Scan scan = new Scan();
Filter filter =
  new RowFilter(CompareFilter.CompareOp.EQUAL, new BinaryPrefixComparator(
      Bytes.toBytes("abc")));
scan.setFilter(filter);
ResultScanner rs = table.getScanner(scan);
for (Result r : rs) {
    ... // will get the Results start with rowkey "abc"
}
{code}

Best regards

takeshi