NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

stack-3
I was going to cut branch-2 tomorrow unless objection.

Intent is to push out our first hbase-2.0.0-alpha soon after, hopefully by
the end-of-this-week.

Please see the tail of the thread '[DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in
2.0' for intent regards cluster layout.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

Francis Liu
Hi Stack,
Is it possible to get any potential interface changes for split meta before we branch?
Thanks,Francis

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Francis Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Stack,
> Is it possible to get any potential interface changes for split meta
> before we branch?

If they are ready now, sure. Otherwise, let them come in after we branch.
Branch is closed to features. Place-holders that will ease roll-in of a
facility down the road will be allowed (especially when a request by a
long-time user.... of course).

St.Ack

> Thanks,Francis
>

>     On Monday, June 5, 2017 8:52 AM, Stack <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>  I was going to cut branch-2 tomorrow unless objection.
>
> Intent is to push out our first hbase-2.0.0-alpha soon after, hopefully by
> the end-of-this-week.
>
> Please see the tail of the thread '[DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in
> 2.0' for intent regards cluster layout.
>
> Thanks,
> St.Ack

Re: NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

张铎(Duo Zhang)
HBASE-18038 please, the patch is ready here for several weeks, it is an
interface change.

> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Francis Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Stack,
> > Is it possible to get any potential interface changes for split meta
> > before we branch?
> >

> If they are ready now, sure. Otherwise, let them come in after we branch.
> Branch is closed to features. Place-holders that will ease roll-in of a
> facility down the road will be allowed (especially when a request by a
> long-time user.... of course).
>
> St.Ack
>

> > Thanks,Francis
> >

> >     On Monday, June 5, 2017 8:52 AM, Stack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >  I was going to cut branch-2 tomorrow unless objection.
> >
> > Intent is to push out our first hbase-2.0.0-alpha soon after, hopefully
> by
> > the end-of-this-week.
> >
> > Please see the tail of the thread '[DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in
> > 2.0' for intent regards cluster layout.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > St.Ack

Re: NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

Anoop John
Thanks for reminding HBASE-18038 Duo.. Ya better we get that in.. Will
look at the patch today.

-Anoop-

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 7:34 AM, 张铎(Duo Zhang) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HBASE-18038 please, the patch is ready here for several weeks, it is an
> interface change.

>> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Francis Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Stack,
>> > Is it possible to get any potential interface changes for split meta
>> > before we branch?
>> >

>> If they are ready now, sure. Otherwise, let them come in after we branch.
>> Branch is closed to features. Place-holders that will ease roll-in of a
>> facility down the road will be allowed (especially when a request by a
>> long-time user.... of course).
>>
>> St.Ack
>>

>> > Thanks,Francis
>> >

>> >     On Monday, June 5, 2017 8:52 AM, Stack <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >

>> >  I was going to cut branch-2 tomorrow unless objection.
>> >
>> > Intent is to push out our first hbase-2.0.0-alpha soon after, hopefully
>> by
>> > the end-of-this-week.
>> >
>> > Please see the tail of the thread '[DISCUSS] No regions on Master node in
>> > 2.0' for intent regards cluster layout.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > St.Ack

Re: NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

stack-3
Thanks Duo. Let me review... Lets get it in.
St.Ack

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 7:04 PM, 张铎(Duo Zhang) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HBASE-18038 please, the patch is ready here for several weeks, it is an
> interface change.

> > On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Francis Liu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stack,
> > > Is it possible to get any potential interface changes for split meta
> > > before we branch?
> > >

> > If they are ready now, sure. Otherwise, let them come in after we branch.
> > Branch is closed to features. Place-holders that will ease roll-in of a
> > facility down the road will be allowed (especially when a request by a
> > long-time user.... of course).
> >
> > St.Ack
> >

> > > Thanks,Francis
> > >

> > >     On Monday, June 5, 2017 8:52 AM, Stack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > >  I was going to cut branch-2 tomorrow unless objection.
> > >
> > > Intent is to push out our first hbase-2.0.0-alpha soon after, hopefully
> > by
> > > the end-of-this-week.
> > >
> > > Please see the tail of the thread '[DISCUSS] No regions on Master node
> in
> > > 2.0' for intent regards cluster layout.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > St.Ack

Re: NOTICE: Creating hbase-2 branch tomorrow evening, Tuesday 6th

stack-3
HBASE-18038 was committed. I'm branching now.
Thanks,
St.Ack