IN_MEMORY behavior?

Eric Owhadi
Hi Hbaseers,
I was wondering about the behavior of hbase tables tagged as IN_MEMORY:
Is that just a tag that will give high priority to these table so they don't get evicted from block cache? Or do they also have the property of being loaded into block cache even if no query are made (automatically warmed up cache upon region instantiation)?
I am trying to achieve the later... for customer sensitive to first query slowness because hitting disk instead of cache?
Thanks in advance for the help,
Eric Owhadi

Re: IN_MEMORY behavior?

Ted Yu-3