Hbase shell formatting scan to a particular primitive data

Hbase shell formatting scan to a particular primitive data

Eko Susilo
Hi,

I am currently using hbase 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0 and i am performing scan and want
to show the fields in appropriate format using the following syntax
scan 'table', {COLUMNS =>
['cf:qualifier:c(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes).toDouble']}

But it still shows the result in the binary text format

However, if i try to perform get operation using the similar command, the
shell converts the binary text into appropriate format.
Is there configuration missing? Or do i need to import something?

 get 'table', 'rowkey','cf:qualifier:toDouble'

Best Regards,
Eko Susilo

Re: Hbase shell formatting scan to a particular primitive data

Chien Le
I think you're hitting a bug fixed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-16227. The patch is trivial to
apply however if you want to push it out manually.

-Chien