Quantcast

Hbase in Pseudo distributed mode getting problems

Sam

Hbase in Pseudo distributed mode getting problems

Sam
Hi,
I am a beginner in hbase with a db background(not a developer ) ...
I tried some tutorials setting up hbase with hadoop in pseudo distributed mode .
My hadoop is working properly.But While I tried to open  http://localhost:60010/master.jsp this link .It is getting error like Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:60030.  I am following   this link .

After referring some sites I removed the entries relating to 127.0.1.1 COMPNAME
and
In conf/hadoop-env.sh add the following line:
export HADOOP_OPTS=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

But I  cant connect to http://localhost:60010/master.jsp

Re: Hbase in Pseudo distributed mode getting problems

Tariq
Hello Sam,

    Don't remove that line from /etc/hosts file, instead change it to
"127.0.0.1     YOUR_HOST_NAME". And restart all the processes.

BTW, which link have you followed? It seems you have forgotten to paste it.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Sam

Re: Hbase in Pseudo distributed mode getting problems

Sam
Hi Tariq  ,
Thanks for replying The link which I followed is  http://whyjava.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/installing-hbase-over-hdfs-on-a-single-ubuntu-box/
Thanks

Sam

Re: Hbase in Pseudo distributed mode getting problems

Sam
Hi Tariq ,
Can you please explain "127.0.0.1     YOUR_HOST_NAME "
Mine is 127.0.0.1  localhost .While set like this ,I got hadoop and map reduce in peudo distributed mode . BUt I couldnt make up hbase

Regards
Sam

Re: Hbase in Pseudo distributed mode getting problems

Leonid Fedotov
am,
what is your HBase master  and HBase Regionserver logs say?
There should be a clue in there on the reason of the problem.
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Leonid Fedotov