Quantcast

HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

rockytriton
I'm finding the documentation for HBase to be very lacking.  I finally got it setup so I can connect 1 hbase to 1 hadoop server though.  What I would really like to do is have 1 HBase server connecting to 2 hadoop servers on different boxes, so that the data is replicated.  Are there any tutorials on doing this?  What would be the steps to take?

Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

Jean-Daniel Cryans
(this is a question for the user mailing list, I put the dev@ in bcc)

HBase just needs to know the address of the Namenode given via
hbase.rootdir and that's it.

How do you propose we improve the documentation in this regard?

Hope this helps,

J-D

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:26 AM, rockytriton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm finding the documentation for HBase to be very lacking.  I finally got it
> setup so I can connect 1 hbase to 1 hadoop server though.  What I would
> really like to do is have 1 HBase server connecting to 2 hadoop servers on
> different boxes, so that the data is replicated.  Are there any tutorials on
> doing this?  What would be the steps to take?

Re: HBase configuration using two hadoop servers

stack-3
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM, rockytriton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm finding the documentation for HBase to be very lacking.  I finally got it
> setup so I can connect 1 hbase to 1 hadoop server though.  What I would
> really like to do is have 1 HBase server connecting to 2 hadoop servers on
> different boxes, so that the data is replicated.  Are there any tutorials on
> doing this?  What would be the steps to take?

Where is the documentation lacking?  Can you cite the location?  A few
of us work on trying to keep it up so we are particularly interested
in new user's difficult experience figuring stuff out.

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 HBase server connecting to to 2 hadoop
servers?  Is that two datanodes?  By default hdfs replicates unless
you tell it not too.  Or are you talking about hbase-level
replication?

St.Ack