Quantcast

CCIndex for cassandra

bjbhutkar
Hello HBase,

I am a cassandra user and i want to implement the CCIndex scheme in cassandra. Can anyone help me to understand the CCIndex code ? I want to modify the CCIndex code so that it will use the Cassandra's APIs.

Re: CCIndex for cassandra

Jean-Marc Spaggiari
Hi,

What do you mean by CCIndex?

The only thing I found about that is https://github.com/Jia-Liu/CCIndex and
it has not been updated for 2 years now.

Also found that wich is more recent:
https://github.com/ICT-Ope/CCIndex_HBase_0.90.0

You can also read this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg06553.html

Looking at the code I was not able to fine any class name close to that
neither I found anything into the HBase classes. (Searched for *CC*Index*)

All of that to say, I'm not sure this is integrated in HBase today.

But I might be wrong. Do you have any reference about what you are looking
for?

JM

2013/2/24 bjbhutkar <[hidden email]>

> Hello HBase,
>
> I am a cassandra user and i want to implement the CCIndex scheme in
> cassandra. Can anyone help me to understand the CCIndex code ? I want to
> modify the CCIndex code so that it will use the Cassandra's APIs.

Re: CCIndex for cassandra

bjbhutkar
Dear Jean Marc ,

Thanks for responding.
CCIndex stands for Complemental Clustering Index. The reference for CCIndex can be found in following ink

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari [via Apache HBase] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

What do you mean by CCIndex?

The only thing I found about that is https://github.com/Jia-Liu/CCIndex and
it has not been updated for 2 years now.

Also found that wich is more recent:
https://github.com/ICT-Ope/CCIndex_HBase_0.90.0

You can also read this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg06553.html

Looking at the code I was not able to fine any class name close to that
neither I found anything into the HBase classes. (Searched for *CC*Index*)

All of that to say, I'm not sure this is integrated in HBase today.

But I might be wrong. Do you have any reference about what you are looking
for?

JM

2013/2/24 bjbhutkar <[hidden email]>

> Hello HBase,
>
> I am a cassandra user and i want to implement the CCIndex scheme in
> cassandra. Can anyone help me to understand the CCIndex code ? I want to
> modify the CCIndex code so that it will use the Cassandra's APIs.

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/CCIndex-for-cassandra-tp4039070p4039078.html
To unsubscribe from CCIndex for cassandra, click here.
NAML

--
Thanks and Regards
Bhalchandra J Bhutkar
Mob - 7588384281

Re: CCIndex for cassandra

bjbhutkar
Hi Jean Marc

HBase implementation of CCIndex in the following link

http://www.china-cloud.com/ziliao/CCIndex%20HBase.pdf

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM, bhalchandra bhutkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Jean Marc ,

Thanks for responding.
CCIndex stands for Complemental Clustering Index. The reference for CCIndex can be found in following ink

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari [via Apache HBase] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

What do you mean by CCIndex?

The only thing I found about that is https://github.com/Jia-Liu/CCIndex and
it has not been updated for 2 years now.

Also found that wich is more recent:
https://github.com/ICT-Ope/CCIndex_HBase_0.90.0

You can also read this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@.../msg06553.html

Looking at the code I was not able to fine any class name close to that
neither I found anything into the HBase classes. (Searched for *CC*Index*)

All of that to say, I'm not sure this is integrated in HBase today.

But I might be wrong. Do you have any reference about what you are looking
for?

JM

2013/2/24 bjbhutkar <[hidden email]>

> Hello HBase,
>
> I am a cassandra user and i want to implement the CCIndex scheme in
> cassandra. Can anyone help me to understand the CCIndex code ? I want to
> modify the CCIndex code so that it will use the Cassandra's APIs.

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/CCIndex-for-cassandra-tp4039070p4039078.html
To unsubscribe from CCIndex for cassandra, click here.
NAML

--
Thanks and Regards
Bhalchandra J Bhutkar
Mob - 7588384281

--
Thanks and Regards
Bhalchandra J Bhutkar
Mob - 7588384281

Re: CCIndex for cassandra

Jean-Marc Spaggiari
Hi Bhalchandra,

This is a 3 years old PDF, and still, I'm not able to find any trace
of that in HBase anywhere. Sorry. Seems that it was based on HBase
0.20.1. We are now at 0.94.5...

Maybe it's a vendor extension which has not been published/released?

JM

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

>> --
>> Thanks and Regards
>> *Bhalchandra J Bhutkar*
>> *Mob - 7588384281*
>>

> --
> Thanks and Regards
> *Bhalchandra J Bhutkar*
> *Mob - 7588384281*

Re: CCIndex

Andrew Purtell-3
CCIndex was work done by a grad student at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He/they talked with us years ago about getting this in. The advice (this was just before 0.92 was branched) was to redo it as a coprocessor. I specifically remember wondering about how to hook IOEs from missed HFile reads - for when a read of an index with reduced replication hits a missing block and an index rebuild must be triggered. That would have been an interesting use case for the CP framework. However I think everyone moved on without this happening.

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bhalchandra,
>
> This is a 3 years old PDF, and still, I'm not able to find any trace
> of that in HBase anywhere. Sorry. Seems that it was based on HBase
> 0.20.1. We are now at 0.94.5...
>
> Maybe it's a vendor extension which has not been published/released?
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/26 bjbhutkar <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Jean Marc
>>
>> HBase implementation of CCIndex in the following link
>>
>> http://www.china-cloud.com/ziliao/CCIndex%20HBase.pdf
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM, bhalchandra bhutkar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Jean Marc ,
>>>
>>> Thanks for responding.
>>> CCIndex stands for Complemental Clustering Index. The reference for
>>> CCIndex can be found in following ink
>>>

>>> http://www.slideshare.net/jgabriellima/cc-index-for-cassandra-a-novel-scheme-for-multidimensional-range-queries-in-cassandra

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

>>> --
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> *Bhalchandra J Bhutkar*
>>> *Mob - 7588384281*
>>

>> --
>> Thanks and Regards
>> *Bhalchandra J Bhutkar*
>> *Mob - 7588384281*

Re: CCIndex for cassandra

bjbhutkar
The thing I am interested in is in correspondence with cassandra. Cassandra currently supports multidimensional range queries with a limitation that at least one of the dimensions supplied in the query must be of equality operation
example : "Select * from table where Weight > 65 AND Height < 6 AND Country = India" . This is supported in cassandra.
But "Select * from table where Weight > 65 AND Height < 6" this query  is not possible with current cassandra version. To mitigate this problem I thought of implementing the CCIndex in cassandra as the paper claims to provide such functionality.

I searched around and found the code for CCIndex on github . I was wondering whether this code can be modified so that it uses Cassandra's APIs. Furthermore , If anybody's having any suggestions for implementing such functionality then please let me know . Is such functionality provided in HBase or not ? If yes , then how the algorithm works for querying the data where all the dimensions in a query are either "Less Than (<) "or "Greater Than (>)"

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/CCIndex-for-cassandra-tp4039070p4039285.html
To unsubscribe from CCIndex for cassandra, click here.
NAML

--
Thanks and Regards
Bhalchandra J Bhutkar
Mob - 7588384281

Re: CCIndex

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Andrew Purtell-3 [via Apache HBase] <[hidden email]> wrote:
CCIndex was work done by a grad student at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He/they talked with us years ago about getting this in. The advice (this was just before 0.92 was branched) was to redo it as a coprocessor. I specifically remember wondering about how to hook IOEs from missed HFile reads - for when a read of an index with reduced replication hits a missing block and an index rebuild must be triggered. That would have been an interesting use case for the CP framework. However I think everyone moved on without this happening.

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bhalchandra,
>
> This is a 3 years old PDF, and still, I'm not able to find any trace
> of that in HBase anywhere. Sorry. Seems that it was based on HBase
> 0.20.1. We are now at 0.94.5...
>
> Maybe it's a vendor extension which has not been published/released?
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/26 bjbhutkar <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Jean Marc
>>
>> HBase implementation of CCIndex in the following link
>>
>> http://www.china-cloud.com/ziliao/CCIndex%20HBase.pdf
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM, bhalchandra bhutkar <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Jean Marc ,
>>>
>>> Thanks for responding.
>>> CCIndex stands for Complemental Clustering Index. The reference for
>>> CCIndex can be found in following ink
>>>

>>> http://www.slideshare.net/jgabriellima/cc-index-for-cassandra-a-novel-scheme-for-multidimensional-range-queries-in-cassandra

http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

>>> --
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> *Bhalchandra J Bhutkar*
>>> *Mob - 7588384281*
>>

>> --
>> Thanks and Regards
>> *Bhalchandra J Bhutkar*
>> *Mob - 7588384281*
>>

>> --
NAML

--
Thanks and Regards
Bhalchandra J Bhutkar
Mob - 7588384281

Re: CCIndex for cassandra

Andrew Purtell-3
You are mailing a HBase mailing list. Since your only interest seems centered around Cassandra, you should ask your question on a mailing list of theirs.